Tuesday, August 2, 2011

new journey...

A friend from high school just had a baby and we've been chatting alot recently online. She mentioned to me that I should keep a blog or journal of my journey with 3 kids, since Nolan will be here within 8 weeks time. 8 WEEKS...that's it!

Seems like just yesterday I was taking a pregnancy test because I wasn't feeling well and I knew, absolutely, that something was up with my body. You know after 2 pregnancies when something is different and don't question very much at all. I then took that pregnancy test and dreaded the next 2 minutes...POSITIVE. I was in shock, disbelief...basically any word that you could say that meant that I didn't believe I was pregnant again.

However, here we are, 8 weeks away (or less) and our little guy is getting bigger everyday. I am feeling like a whale (for lack of better words) and I know that the possibility of me getting bigger is a fact! I was HUGE with my other 2 boys...

There are some things I love though, about this pregnancy. I love the fact that I am growing this precious little boy inside of me, only to birth him and enjoy every minute of his being. I love when he gets hiccups and my abdomen does all these little jumps, or when I sit and my stomach moves like crazy, as if he is doing somersaults inside. These are the things that I honestly felt I would miss when hubby went in for his surgery. Then he texted me to let me know he was out of surgery, and on the inside, I was heartbroken that I wouldn't feel those things again...until a few weeks later when I took that test and it was positive.

It's amazing how life works. Here I am all these weeks later, and I'm washing car seat covers, and bouncy chair covers, not to mention finding ALL the many boy clothes we have and going through them (haven't quite gotten that far yet). Putting up curtains, getting the crib together...all things I thought I was done with. I'm overjoyed that we're having Nolan in 8 weeks or less, but part of me is scared out of my mind. Danny is only 14 months old...YIKES! He's having sleep problems, and is still VERY attached to mommy. I'm scared that he'll have a negative reaction and then we will be in trouble.

I just need to keep telling myself, one day at a time. I'll go back to work and take it one day at a time...deliver a baby and take it one day at a time...be home on maternity leave, and take it one day at a time...it's all I really can do. But I'll love EVERY single minute of it. 

Soon I'll be a mommy of 3 boys....

No comments:

Post a Comment